Top 10 Fit Habits
One of my greatest outlets (other than prayer and quiet time) is exercise. I can push myself to greater limits, set and achieve new goals, and have fun, while enjoying those amazing endorphins! Here are the top 10 habits I integrate into each day to live a healthy and active lifestyle:
1. Start your day with a big breakfast! I’m definitely a breakfast person and would say that it’s my favorite meal of the day. Eating a balanced meal in the morning allows your blood sugar levels to stabilize and for your body to begin the day on the right foot.
2. Get moving! Even just for 35 minutes, go for a walk, ride your bike, or hit the trail for a run! Being active is not only essential for heart health, but also for maintaining a healthy weight.
3. Incorporate strength training—It’s true—I like deep squats and I cannot lie. 😂 Strength training is essential for good posture, muscle tone, and bone density.
4. Bring healthy snacks with you! When you’re out and about, the key to maintaining your progress is to be prepared. You need a healthy option in case you’re somewhere where there is only fried/greasy food. I love Brie’s Protein Bars & Fit Treats.
5. Consistency is key. We all have days that don’t go as planned when it comes to eating healthy and working out, but it’s important to remember that is okay. As long as you don’t let one misstep take you down off the bandwagon, you can still get where you want to be picking the healthy options (most of the time).
6. Allow yourself to recover! This is a controversial topic in the health and fitness industry, but overworking will inevitably lead to injury at some point down the road and you will be less likely to reach your goals and maintain them.
7. Change up your workout routine every six to eight weeks. Our bodies are smart and if you do the same exercise routine every week, you will inevitably hit a plateau. So have fun and mix it up! Take new classes and try new workouts!
8. Don’t cut out eating healthy fats to lose fat. Again—another controversial issue, but the truth is that your body (and especially the brain) need healthy fats (like dark chocolate, nuts/nut butter, avocado, etc.) to function properly.
9. Find a buddy! It’s more fun to surround yourself with people who have similar a goal and mindset towards health and fitness. If you partner up with someone and hold one another accountable, you will both be highly likely to reach your endgame.
10. It’s about the journey! Like all things in life, you’ve got to love the process or find a route that you can embrace and hopefully learn to love. Our health isn’t something to take for granted. Learn to love your body and embrace that you are fearfully and wonderfully made by your creator. Love the incredible person that you are and commit to a healthy life so that you can live your best life now.